Keep far from us all anxiety, darkness and gloom, and grant that peace, light, and joy ever abide among us; for in you is the fountain of life, in your light do we see light.From Celebrating the Lord’s Day – Stephen B. Clark and Mark Kinzer
May, 29, 2020
The words of this prayer always fills me with hope and lately, it’s been a constant prayer running in my head. I pray that when I look back a year from now, the “anxiety, darkness, and gloom” will dissipate and happier and lighter times fill our days.
I am not new to blogging. My first blog, “Momdeavor” was the start of a wonderful learning experience in sharing the beauty I find in every day life. Blogging opened up my world to the diverse life and talent of other bloggers. In particular, I found inspiration in the work of photographers, from beginners to professionals, whose artistry gave rise to a passion inside of me that had lain dormant until I turned 51, when my husband gave me my first DSLR.
Why a new blog? A few reasons – different focus, different direction, but quite frankly, after seven years, I ran out of space. It’s time to start on something new..
So some things about me:
- I’ve been married for 34 years
- I have 9 children (two married), and 5 grandchildren (and one in heaven)
- My faith in God is what gets me through the day
- New Jersey is my home and I love to share about its beauty
- I love God’s creation – in the face of each person and in the face of each tiny flower
- My husband and I are avid gardeners
- I love to take pictures (if you haven’t figured that out already)
- I love to dance especially to Earth, Wind, and Fire’s “September” (my birth month).
The intent of this blog is to share God’s beauty with you. My hope is that its content brings you peace, light, and joy.